A Century of Pioneering Case-Law. A Digital Database of Belgian Precedents of International Justice (1914-2014). Final Report. Brussels: Belgian Science Policy Office, 2020
News from our team
The project ended on 15 September 2019. Below is some news from the team members.
- Ornella Rovetta further develops her research on judicial archives and digitization within a collective research project on the military courts in Belgian Congo. More on the Digicoljust project.
- Delphine Lauwers is a researcher at the State Archives and works on the “Resolution-Metis” project. More information.
- Hendrik Vandekerckhove (KU Leuven, Centre for Global Governance) has presented and successfully defended his PhD dissertation.
- Marie-Anne Weisers published La Justice belge, les bourreaux allemands et la Shoah, Éditions de l’Université libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, 2020.
- Ornella Rovetta published Un génocide au Tribunal: le Rwanda et la justice internationale, Belin, Paris, 444p, 2019.
- Pieter Lagrou published, with Henry Rousso and Martin Conway Europe’s Postwar Periods: 1989, 1945, 1918 : Writing History Backwards, Bloomsbury , London.
- Delphine Lauwers published “From Belgium to The Hague via Berlin and Moscow. Documenting war crimes and the quest for international justice” in Archives & Manuscripts, special issue: Recording, Narrating and Archiving the First World War, 48(2), 2020.