A Century of Pioneering Case-Law. A Digital Database of Belgian Precedents of International Justice (1914-2014). Final Report. Brussels: Belgian Science Policy Office, 2020
News from our team
The project ended on 15 September 2019. Below is some news from the team members.
- In the spring of 2020, Hendrik Vandekerckhove (KU Leuven, Centre for Global Governance) will present and defend his PhD dissertation.
- Marie-Anne Weisers published La Justice belge, les bourreaux allemands et la Shoah, Éditions de l’Université libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, 2020.
- Ornella Rovetta published Un génocide au Tribunal: le Rwanda et la justice internationale, Belin, Paris, 444p, 2019.
- Pieter Lagrou directed, with Henry Rousso and Martin Conway Europe’s Postwar Periods: 1989, 1945, 1918 : Writing History Backwards, Bloomsbury , London, 2018.
- Delphine Lauwers is preparing, with Matthew Haultain-Gall a special issue in the Revue belge d’histoire contemporaine: “Remembering “the Devil’s playground”: Ypres 1914–2018”. Her article “From Belgium to The Hague via Berlin and Moscow. Documenting war crimes and the quest for international justice”, is to be published in ‘Archives & Manuscripts, special issue: “Recording, Narrating and Archiving the First World War’ in 2020.